On December 15th during the Christmas preparations, Mania Feilcke-Dierck, President of the Ambassadors Club and Jörg Woltmann, CEO of the Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur (KPM) Berlin, invited to a joint tour into the manufactory.
Limited to 20 participants the guided tour was fully booked. The Apostolic Nuncio, H.E. Archbishop Dr. Nikola Eterović, the Ambassador of Monaco, H.E. Isabelle Berro-Amadeï and the Ambassador of India, H.E. Gurjit Singh among other Excellencies followed the invitation.
The tour took the ambassadors more than 250 years back in time to 1763 when Friedrich II. gained ownership over the manufactory, granted it its name and his cobalt blue scepter as the trade mark. Due to his passion for the “white gold” the Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur stayed in possession of seven Emperors and Kings until 1918.
Afterwards, there were inspirations for Christmas decoration and gift ideas in the festively decorated sales areas.
Text: Martin Hoeck
Photos: Agentur Baganz